Submitted: 01-23-2012 by Mike B

I purchased a used 1997 Quest "Guide Edition" in 2007 after considering several high volume craft to accommodate my size 15 feet. (I grind rubber off the toes and heals of my booties for clearance!) I am 6'4" and 210 lbs. so it is a glove fit but once I padded out the thigh braces to match my legs, the boat is totally an extension of my body.

Paddling for miles is a dream. The 19'length can be tedious in attempting tight turns and the rare functional use of the long bow above water line has me questioning it's value when paddling beam seas and wind.

As a multi-day cruiser it is steller: lots of room and the long stern and bow storage accommodate folding camp table, chairs, fishing poles, large tents, etc. and the aft deck holds my spare paddle without blocking access to the cargo hatch. Seaward workmanship and bombproof design is really exceptional (I shopped Current Designs, Valley, NW and others). Seaward is also a great company for accessories and repair parts. My Quest has the old ThermoRest seat which I prefer for long days. My only real issue is tendency to weathercock (I live in the Columbia River Gorge).