Submitted: 01-13-2012 by RKBerta

I have had my Hullavator for some time (see early review here; June 24, 2010) and I love it. I have a full sized Chevy van...if I tried to get my yak on it I would probably end up with a hernia or bad back. As far as cracks...and mounting. I have a Hurricane kayak which uses a ABS like plastic and also a Old Town Dirigo fishing kayak. Both have had no problems with damage from the mount. For attaching I just use the straps that come with it front and rear snugged down. I don't need the front or rear straps...it is rock solid and even driving at high speed over all kinds of terrain I haven't had any problem. If you are getting some sliding, go to a hardware store and get the rubber material used to line tool drawers..it is a very grippy material and if between the kayak and mount I can guarantee it won't move. It may be enough to prevent any cracking of the gel coat although if you are getting cracking of gel coat with that little pressure it makes me thing the composite isn't thick enough or done correctly.

Warren Light Craft: