Submitted: 11-04-2011 by kaptynkayak

I have had the machine for 2 years now, have abused the heck out of it and couldn't be more pleased with the product. This past season due to injury and weather I was forced to train for a long race almost exclusively on my the speed stroke gym. I found time on this erg translates into significant improvement on the water. I now do most of my interval training on the erg because it much easier to monitor my performance and concentrate on form.

I use the Speed Stroke all year, doing about 4 to 6 hours per week during the winter and 2-4 hours per week during the summer to supplement my on the water training. With all of that use I have not had change the ropes or bungee cord yet even though the machine comes with an extra set.

I am generally a cheap person and don't like to shell out a lot of cash for anything but this machine is a great value.