Submitted: 08-29-2011 by LN

Love it! I used to haul a sit-on-top kayak and double/triple with my sons in rivers/lakes/ocean around WA. Now that they are growing up, the kayak cannot handle our weight any longer so I set out looking for a canoe where our whole family can go together, especially my older son can now help me load/unload. Being a value shopper (read cheap), I canvassed Craigslist and was open to all types and price ranges but never seemed so sure on a particular one. When I saw a listing for an Adventure 16, I came here for the reviews and right away I knew this was what I want. Thank you guys and gals! The kids and the wife have proven themselves somewhat water savvy with the kayak so I disregarded the tipsy part.

Went on the lake yesterday with the kids and it was wonderful. We used both canoe and kayak paddles and with the kayak paddle in action, it almost glided as a kayak. Those of you who have not tried it with a kayak paddle should. You may shelve your current paddle! The kids loved riding the waves from the speed boat wakes. Next, we will practice some re-entry as my sons do want to use the canoe as a swimming platform that they were used to with the kayak.

The only negative bit is the weight.