Submitted: 08-17-2011 by bbqbob

This is my first kayak and the Future Beach Trophy 126 is a great kayak for the price and I could sum it up in 9 words:
More foot room!
I said I could sum it up that way but will say more:

The Future Beach Trophy 126 paddles easy, glides nicely and tracks well. It has plenty of features usually seen in higher priced kayaks. The seat is OK for about 1.5 hours. Our first time out was for almost 2 hours and it was reasonably comfortable for that time. Our second time out was over 4 hours and it started getting uncomfortable at the halfway point. As mentioned earlier I think the Trophy 126 needs more room for my feet. I am 6' tall, weigh 218 lbs and wear size 11.5 shoes, not exactly giant feet and I my feet are pretty cramped in this kayak.

With my size I can get in and out pretty good, the cockpit size is adequate for a recreational Kayak but could be a little longer than the 39". My wife's Future Beach Fusion has a 46" cockpit and I wish mine was similar especially considering how I have to twist my feet around to fit inside.

I paid $269 for this well built and feature laden kayak. With a little more foot room and a little better seat it would be the perfect kayak for recreational paddling and fishing.