Submitted: 08-12-2011 by CB

This review is likely premature but I thought I'd share why I choose to buy this kayak. I spent last week in a WS Tsunami 125 and loved it. Rock solid and good in wind and swells (coastal bays). Almost bought one. But it seemed too big/loose for my frame (5'8" @ 155#) and was a bit too heavy to jump on every chance to load on the car. I really wanted to get something lighter that I'd be more likely to motivate towards (after work, etc.) I sat in the Manitou 13 at the store and the fit really worked and I wasn't challenged picking it up solo and loading it on the car (it's 45# vs. 52#+ for the Tsunami and most other 12'+ poly boats). The Manitou seems pretty basic but the edges, thigh braces and seat are all smooth and easy to get comfortable with. I'm taking it out on it's first run tomorrow and I'm optimistic. If I'm surprised I'll send an updated review that isn't a 10!

Botetourt County Tourism: