Submitted: 08-03-2011 by Ronaultmtd

I bought the Prowler 13 angler in March on sale- it is my first SOT kayak- I bought it based on lots of research. It felt tippy at first but once you got seated and started paddling you feel very secure and stable- I had it out in fresh water lakes at first- it is a wet ride and I wore waders to stay dry, but then I expected water inside the cockpit with scuppers open-

I had no experience with kayaks- this is my first- I am 65 years old and 6 foot tall 250 pounds- I did not know what to expect so I'll just tell you my observations- the prowler is an all around fishing kayak that does everything good but nothing best- it is like a Swiss Army knife- the Hobie Revo's and PA are the rage with my fishing buddies, but I have had four knee operations and peddling hurts my knees so I am happy with my Prowler- it handles rough water in the Chesapeake Bay and works well in the creeks and rivers-

I have never turtled the Prowler and the more I fish from it the more stable I feel- it isn't as fast as some but isn't slow as others- the hull cuts through swells and boat wakes with ease- I think I made the right choice as I wanted an all around kayak that can do everything- I would have given a 10 if the seat were more comfortable but my butt gets sore after about four hours of fishing-

Balance Solutions, LLC: