Submitted: 05-31-2011 by ES

Sea kayaking for 45 years (time does fly when you're having fun).
I bought a glass/kevlar Quest in 1994, when Seward was just starting out. I'm 6'1, 215lbs, with short legs and a long torso. For me, the Quest was (and is) the only boat that combines speed, comfort, and STABILITY. 'No kidding about that.

All the other comments seem right on, but there is a simple trick about initial stability with any boat that feels twitchy: lower the seat. Someone at Quest suggested replacing the foam seat with an inflatable pad and it made all the difference. I let most of the air out, so my bum is almost touching the hull. With this set up, the boat feels solid, even empty. Should I ever need to use the seat as a paddle float, I would need to inflate the cushion - a small price to pay.

I've owned more boats than I can remember, but settled on this one and have never looked back. My only complaint is that as I get older, the boat seems to be getting heavier. Sadly, there's not much the folks at Seward can do about that.