Submitted: 05-15-2011 by dgkula

This is a good solid and stable canoe. Great for families and introducing kids to canoes. I have a Wenonah solo in Kevlar Ultralight and this canoe is clearly on the opposite end of the spectrum. It is heavy (almost 80 lbs) but as a result indestructible. I drag it across the parking lot and down the concrete ramp to launch - would NOT be doing that with my kevlar solo.

I was out this afternoon with my wife, 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old on a medium sized pond with some wind. I was the only one paddling and was kneeling with my butt resting on the rear seat with a straight shaft paddle. The canoe was solid and easy to steer. Not the fastest but perfect for these purposes. The kids were leaning out over the gunwales putting their fingers in the water and sure, it leans, but it is easy to manage, especially kneeling, and never felt like we were even close to tipping. I bought it used for $350 and would do so again.