Submitted: 05-11-2011 by noman

I purchased my Current Designs Breeze last year and found it to be the best bang for my dollar. At $657.00 for a 13 1/2' long, 25" wide plastic kayak with good rocker, it's a bargain. My objectives were a faster boat that would handle more difficult waters like the Ohio River when the wind & waves kick up. My other boats are two 9 1/2' & two 12' rec boats by three different manufacturers.

I was introduced to a 12' Current Designs Kestrel at a livery, the Kestrel ran very fast which led me to investigate their other products. The 12' Kestrel is a very fast plastic boat but the operator needs to be a solid paddler due to its tendency to drift. This is also why it is such a fast boat.

Back to my Breeze; runs good, faster than the Kestrel, tracks well, and turns like a 10' boat. I give it a 8 instead of a 9 because it only has a stern hatch with a flotation bag in the bow. An excellent kayak for the price!