Submitted: 05-03-2011 by Tim

I bought the kayak at Dicks Sporting Goods, and then hit the lake. I was nervous at first because all the training videos on YouTube teach you what to do when the kayak flips assuming it happens a lot, but that's not the case. This kayak was plenty stable on the water on a windy day and even when boats went by. The width of the kayak is 29.5" making it stable enough to reach behind me and grab my fishing pole that was in the pole holders. Tracking was ok. You're not going to set any speed records but it gets you were you want. The weight capacity is 250 pounds and I weigh that give or take. But the kayak was just fine. I assume that the lighter you way the better it will go. Another good thing is the weight of the kayak. It is light enough for me to put it on top of my Ford Escape by myself. The only thing I didn't like about it was the seat. My life vest would get caught on it and make it ride up. Other than that this was a great buy. The Kayak was 349.99 orig 499.99 than I got the paddles for $50 and a life vest for $30. And a cup holder for like $2. I spent $432.00 on it and it has been a great buy. I got to places on the lake were non paddle boats can't go and caught 5 fish in 2 hours. I do recommend a bracket to hold the paddle. They do have the bungees you can put it in but if you want it in and out a little quicker than get the paddle holder.