Submitted: 04-28-2011 by ccrowhurst

I started Greenland paddling with a commercially made wooden paddle, it served it's purpose well. When I first met Ron and felt the weight, strength and finish of his works of art I knew right away I needed one. I have ended up with four, and expect I will need more :) ....

Carbon is the base element, the building block of our world and of the best paddles. They are light, they are incredibly strong, and they flex like any other natural substance. Ron's construction is not like any other paddle I know off, these are engineered master pieces using the same construction techniques used in both racing cars and planes, the custom crafted foam core providing strength and load distribution in ways unique to the Novorca paddles. Having perfected the process of construction Ron has subsequently perfected the art of coloring, allowing you choose unique, artistic colors and patterns. Whatever you desire Ron will attempt to create.

I am lucky enough to have a couple of early prototypes of other advances Ron has been working on; crafting a unique approach to multi-part paddles enabling them to be taken on a plane, using a masterful locking design which he is planning to patent. And my favorite Favorite Norsaq (rolling stick), fashioned out of carbon of course, I have 4 others, but the authentic design and finish of Ron's sets his apart.

If you want quality, craft and a functional work of art, Ron is your man, you won't go wrong, it's an investment you will be proud to paddle with. Oh and as a side note, they are fast, try paddling with one for 10 hours and you will be glad you chose such a lightweight efficient design.