Submitted: 04-27-2011 by ChrisTx

I purchased this kayak and put it in the river just today, and I must say that I have had a blast with it. I'm new to kayaking and being somewhat disabled I had a little doubt about being able to launch and retrieve it, but that was a piece of cake. The kayak is very easy to paddle upstream, is quick to maneuver once you are familiar with it, and has a lot of room to store stuff. The cup holder, as mentioned in these reviews, is rather shallow and without care you can spill your beverage of choice, but that is peanuts in the scheme of things and can be easily rectified by gluing in another one.

I rolled this kayak over getting into it the first time and the seal on the storage hatch worked just fine, nothing got wet. I just use this on the Colorado River in Texas so I don't know how good it is in big rapids, but if you want a kayak to just do some cruising and fishing on a relatively tame river or lake this will do you good. For a paddle I got the Pelican Poseidon Paddle, trust me, that paddle works well with this kayak. I am pleased with this product, a good deal at a fair price. $379 at Academy.

Warren Light Craft: