Submitted: 04-27-2011 by Andy

I've owned an Cobra Expedition for over 6 years now. I was deathly afraid of it until I received my thigh braces. Now it seems stable and very fast. I've practiced rolls in it and it does pretty well, even when weighted down with gear. I ended up sealing the Venturi plug because I couldn't keep the water out. My hatches have stayed sealed pretty well and only find minor leaking. I've done multi-day adventure paddles down the Big Manistee River in Michigan and long paddles on Lake Michigan. It does extremely well with wind and waves though I agree with other reviewers that it gets a bit dicey on a downwind trek in waves. I've used it as a workout tool and it competes well again kevlar ski's pretty well. I rebuilt my foot pedals and braces because they kept breaking. That is a major knock on it along with a flimsy rudder system. But, this isn't made to turn on a dime. Its made to go long and fast, and it does that well.