Submitted: 04-27-2011 by Shane Anderson

I ordered the kayak back in January on law away and it arrived this morning by their shipping company. My initial review therefore is only on my experience with QCC and the fit and finish. I was a little worried when I saw that cardboard shipping container was crushed on the end and had about an 8" diameter hole in the side. After opening the container, the kayak had no damage. Then I begin looking closely at the details. The gel coat is amazing, and the kayak itself is beautiful. My only initial concern is the seat and back band. Based on my experience with my other kayaks, this is the one area that will need much attention and some $$$ to get it outfitted. The buying experience and customer service is a solid 10, but a complete review will be forthcoming after I have several excursions under my belt. The only quality control issue was that the QCC logo on the foredeck was peeled up a bit, but this is not even a minor issue, even with my OCD!

Kayak Covers of Charleston: