Submitted: 04-25-2011 by sampils

bought splash1 model sot, took it for a ride, turns out it is the worst piece of junk. I paid 400.00, couldn't get a refund. The kayak takes water through the rear scupper hole, called the company, and was told I needed scupper inserts, bought 3 to plug the scupper holes, but still, water was washing over the top of the kayak. I weigh 150#s, and it is rated at 275, yet the kayak kept on flooding, and have to constantly use a cup to bail it out.

Do not buy that kayak, as it is poorly designed. the only good thing about it, is that it is made real well, heavy duty, but not well designed, I think, Cresent company needs to do a major redesign if they plant to continue marketing their kayaks. I have tried to add floats and outriggers, but they just cant float it , and the ride is way too wet and dangerous.
Spend your money on any other well known brand or just buy a used kayak that has an established name, and avoid my big mistake.