Submitted: 02-21-2011 by Norm

I purchased this kayak (in yellow) last summer and have loved it since. I have used it in mild rapids and it performed excellent. So my wife decided she wanted to go kayaking. I rented her a 12ft Perception which was a bit more narrow with a round hull. Throughout the 14 mile river run we often traded kayaks to compare. Her kayak was a bit faster but that didn't matter much since we were drifting in a fast river. However, Trophy 126 was by far much more stable. It also tracked incredibly well while the Perception required a bit more effort to keep it in a straight line.

All in all, the only disadvantage with the Trophy 126 was the speed, but that's because you have a wider hull cutting through the water, but that same wider hull is what gives the Trophy 126 its incredible stability making it more versatile, for drifting down the river to fishing along the coast, or just paddling at the lake. I am currently in the process of purchasing my second Trophy 126 (probably the orange one).

Botetourt County Tourism: