Submitted: 09-29-2010 by aj

I wish I had read the recent reviews before I purchased my 145T. It will not go straight. I've used it three times - twice tandem and once solo. It doesn't matter; our kayak naturally tracked to the left. I was going to purchase a 135T but the sales rep (a friend of mine) said the 145T is so much better - being narrower, longer, and 5 lbs lighter than the 135T it would move through the water more efficiently. Not so. This kayak would be perfect if I was on a NASCAR track. So now I'm going to check the reviews on this site for other tandem kayaks before I make my next purchase. I'm 5' 11", 225 lbs and an advanced beginner/intermediate kayaker. My wife is a little over 110 lbs & is a beginner. I don't know if someone with better skills could handle this kayak any better; but I would not recommend this kayak to anyone.

I've spoken with the store manager and he is wondering if this particular kayak that I bought might have a hull defect. He wants me to bring the kayak back to the store so he/his staff can check on that possibility. Defect or not, he has agreed to take the kayak back and help me select a kayak that my wife and I will enjoy.