Submitted: 09-10-2010 by Greg1109

I bought my Pack about 15 years ago and it's been one of my favorite investments over the years. I live in the city and don't get the chance to use it often enough. I mentioned that because when I say that I've never felt uncomfortable in it, I didn't want to give the impression that I'm constantly in the water and just used to it. It's a stable little boat. Last year I took her into the middle of a large lake and felt totally at ease after not being in a boat of ANY kind for over 4 years. Being as this is the only canoe I've ever owned, I don't have any complaints about the tracking. So far as I have always known, if you paddle a boat on one side, you'll go in a circle if you don't compensate somehow. Right? I can paddle my Pack on one side all day long and all I do is turn my wrist at the end of my stroke and use my paddle as a rudder to make her go where I want. I'm not up on all the lingo, so I don't know if that stroke has a name. For reference, I am 6'0" and weigh about 155 and use a 56" wide bladed paddle. I did not lower the seat but I made an Adirondack style seat back that folds down for storage/transport. I put my pfd on it and it's very comfortable and with my feet up on the center support I can lock myself in place and paddle all day. I did buy a breakdown kayak paddle this year after getting stuck in the wind last year and the previous reviews are correct about the amount of droplets into the canoe. Since I prefer the single paddle over the double, this won't be an issue as I only got the yak paddle for wind emergencies. No complaints at all, and I wish there was an 11 I could give it.