Submitted: 08-26-2010 by Monkeydad

Bought from REI after reading reviews of how stable it was and the features of built in cooler, cupholders, and dry box. I am a highly experienced kayaker, but this was my first canoe. I put my wife, son, and dog in it on a local lake.

Stability: Tracking was not very good. This canoe is very wide for its length. Imagine a round bowl with two pointy ends. It is also tipsy for being so wide. They say there are no tipsy boats, just tipsy boaters, but this canoe did not live up to my expectations for lateral stability, esp given the width.

Speed: Slow. This canoe is very heavy for its size. The weight combined with the width made for a tiring paddle.

Weight: Heavy. Very heavy for its short 14 feet.
Features: Dry box o-ring failed, and I ruined my cell phone ($200) and camera ($300), gee, thanks. The cooler has a cheesy plastic latch that did not stay closed. Cup holders were a hit. However, this centrally mounted accessory meant no carry yolk, it took up a lot of room (in a short canoe) and just added weight.

Seats: Molded, and bolted in. They were comfy but very heavy.
Car rack: The width was too wide for our car rack (Toy 4-Runner!) If we had kept it, we would have had to get a carrier. Also, the bow handle bent from the tie-downs, which were only tight enough to keep it from moving laterally.

I took it back for a refund, and I do not recommend this canoe. It was made to a cheap price point and its performance suffered in every category.
Spend the money on a better canoe.