Submitted: 08-02-2010 by Mike

I have several other boats but I use this the most. I have owned this boat since they came out. I have paddled the Ohio, Allegheny, Monongahela, Delaware, Susquehanna, and Potomac in this fine craft. Class I and II rapids and many a lake and state park. Portage is a bear, I built a little cart for mine and when I am done for the day I lift it on top of my pick-up with cap and hi ground clearance to boot, so yes it is heavy no doubt. But, it is getting lighter as I scrape more of it off onto the rocks in the streams and rivers I paddle. I am 5'11" and 240# so I like the capacity of the S-12 as I use it to river camp also. I am getting older in the tooth but I can maintain 3.4 mph over a bumpy lake for several hours at a time. I like it, but there may be a ten out there somewhere I just have to find it.