Submitted: 06-08-2010 by Guthrie

Great little canoe. I am over 300lbs and it floats me just fine. It tracks well and glides faster than I wanted in some sections. It handles rapids well and only took water when I got sideways below the rocks with water coming over them. It then began to pour into the boat. I just laughed and took a swim. I should have approached the rapid faster and more straight on. A kayak paddle is a definite must and I thought I would hate it. It seems heavier than 43lbs but that is probably due to the length. The seat needs to be fixed with better hardware rather than rivets for big guys, but that is a $5 fix. I have paddled everything from whitewater canoes(hate them) to the Colemans, Grummans, MichiCraft, and Old Towns (the Tripper is my favorite). This one is as good as any of those and doesn't steer like a battleship when solo. I prefer it to a Kayak due to load carrying capacity.