Submitted: 05-11-2010 by Dave Pringle

I bought this canoe after seeing it sitting outside a 'Northern' Store in Sioux Lookout Ontario. It was s surprise seeing an Old Town canoe at this location. The price was $649 Cdn. I looked at this site for reviews and what I saw made me decide to buy it. Thanks to those who reviewed it therefore!

I gave it a 10 as I am on a lake which can get rough at times. I'm used to a 16 foot kayak and this canoe is quite stable compared to my kayak. I was prepared to have to change the seat given the reviews but the seat location is perfect as far as I'm concerned, but then I use a kayak paddle, not a canoe paddle. The first kayak paddle I used was a bit short (230 centimetres). Am now using a paddle now that is 250 centimetres and it is a better fit.

It was a lucky find in that I had considered buying a solo canoe years ago but then my back started giving me problems. This solo canoe, allowing for the use of the kayak paddle means that my back is okay. On a big lake with a kayak paddle this canoe is a joy! It bobs in the big waves like a cork and is extremely stable. It's not fast, but having a good paddle helps to make it as fast as it can be. Synchronicity?.... I wasn't looking for this canoe but it appeared before me.