Submitted: 04-30-2010 by JML

I bought the Tracer a couple months ago and am extremely glad I did. I had been looking to upgrade to a sea kayak for quite a while and the Tracer seemed to be the best out there for my price range. When I first tried it I noticed it was extremely tippy for me but my old kayak was a 12 ft. fishing kayak so I was expecting that, after about a half hour though the tippy feeling was completely gone.

The boat edges well and is great to have in surf of 3ft. waves. I have not done larger than that but will soon (just waiting on conditions to be right). I don't understand the complaints for the uncomfortable seat that I have been seeing - I'm 5'10" 165 lbs. and this boat fits me great.

The greatest feature of this boat I must say is the drop skeg. Very simple to control and it makes a world of difference for me when I'm out on Lake Michigan. If you're looking for a fast entry level sea Kayak I highly recommend the Tracer. I plan to be keeping mine for many years to come.