Submitted: 04-08-2010 by Patrick

I have owned my QCC700 for about7 months and can now after many many paddles give a true review. The kayak was beautiful to look at out of the box. (but) The cockpit was very uncomfortable at first. after replacing the pad with a quality back band and extending the seat with foam to support my legs better and to add neoprene padding to the side and upper walls. It now is the most comfortable kayak I have. I have the skeg model and have been caught in substantial storms in our intercoastal water and with the skeg positioned properly it tracks incredible. The problem though for me is I paddle in large open water and the waves will knock the ball and skeg rope out of the V clamp and deploy full skeg which is a pain to reposition in rough water. I would have liked a slider type like on my other kayak. Speed is a given. I can easily keep a 4 to 4.5mph pace in most conditions with my greenland style paddle. The kayak empty takes effort to roll but when loaded with all my gear I can hand roll it with ease. With it loaded with gear it is my favorite play boat. The hatches work well. the front is bone dry even after 3 hours of edging and rolling. The rear though allows some water in through the skeg rope tubes. Not enough to be a problem. This is my first kevlar boat and treat it like a baby and still notice alot of scrapes and did have a big chunk of gel-coat finish chip off near the skeg box. I wanted to list all the things that bothered me in this review. All of them are miner and easy to change. All in all it is my favorite fastest boat and would recommend it to all of my friends as long as they did the cockpit modifications. I give it a solid 9 out of 10 only because of how my boat seems a touch more delicate then the explorer or romany. I would buy another QCC for all the other great reasons if I had it to do over again.