Submitted: 03-29-2010 by jcaviateur

I bought my Overnighter a few months ago when the company had their 50% off Christmas/Holiday sale. I was somewhat reluctant to blindly buying a kayak online, especially, one that I've never paddled or sat in before. So, fit was a question. Naturally, I would have liked to demo one, but at $1450 for a new glass boat weighing at a measely 43lbs, now that was hard to pass up...especially after pricing out heavier poly boats from the local shop!

Well, I'm definitely glad that I made the purchase. As for fit, I'm 5'8" and a solid 200lbs and the kayak fits me great! The boat tracks straight as advertised. It doesn't actually turn on a dime but that's not important to me right now. I have less than a year in paddling experience, yet I feel confident in it. At the same time, I feel that I'll be able to grow with the boat as does my experience and skill level.

I just love how light the kayak is and how I'm able to lift it over my head and onto the top of my car with ease! I also think it's one of the better looking boats available. As a matter of fact, when I picked up delivery of my kayak from the local trucking company, as I was unpacking it from the huge cardboard container, some of the workers on the loading dock even commented on how good looking it was! I would give it a 10 but my limited paddling experience prevents me from doing that.