Submitted: 03-29-2010 by TR

I bought my Synergy 12 two years ago and absolutely love it. It is a good all-around boat - everything from a leisurely float to fishing to multi-day wilderness trips. Had some hardware come off early and figured out how to get my arm inside through the hatch to tighten everything - they didn't do much of a job of that at the factory - and I cleaned out all the loose plastic scrap that was knocking around in there.

I'm 6'4", 230, and I have lots of room and can carry enough gear for 3-4 nights - more if I pack super light. You WILL get your butt wet in choppy water, especially class III, so bring a pump. It doesn't track and glide like a touring kayak, but almost. It doesn't turn like a squirt boat, but it's better than a canoe. It's a lot heavier than a rec kayak, but it hauls a lot more stuff and is a lot more comfortable, especially for big people. I'm custom making my own skirt this year using tarp material. I'm also going to add a few more tie-down hooks.

Love this boat. This one's mine. Git yer own.