Submitted: 10-07-2009 by GM

I ordered my Hullavator shipped from a gear shop out of the area as there were no local kayak/Thule dealers close to my town (cautionary tale!). Ordered all the system (rack, custom foot kit, 58" bars, etc.) as Thule had specified.

After meticulously assembling the rack and Hullavator, testing it without a kayak (seemed to work ok), then loaded up my kayak, but the gas struts did not engage - the second pivot point would not bend. Tried repeatedly, on the phone w/ Thule, dealer over the course of the last three days, have sent photos in etc. etc. but no success. Have made certain the system is locked down, handles are fully squeezed, and on and on but am getting a different story, suggestions each time I speak with someone and am increasingly concerned I have made a very expensive mistake.

Will update this review if I'm able to resolve anything, but suspect at a minimum I'm out shipping charges and a LOT of time. Disappointed.