Submitted: 09-15-2009 by LoganSkt

After much research I purchased the basic Vapor 10 for $379. A great boat! Tracks well, any wandering off track is likely a result of too strong of a stroke. The boat seems to be stable, I'd like to try to tip it just to see what it takes. The padded seat is comfortable, the lack of padding on seat back is not noticeable. The adjustable seat back is great as it's nice to adjust back position on the move. Same thing with the foot pegs. I find myself moving pegs and the seat back a couple of times during a trip as my paddling style changes. After reading some other reviews here I purchased a 230cm paddle. I still find myself bumping into the sides occasionally, but that might be due to my height (5'7")

Things I don't like...The cockpit is HUGE. That's great for getting a tan on your legs, or carrying your pet or child. However it leads to a lot of water dripping off the paddle onto my legs, which is not horrible when it's 80 degrees outside but as the weather cools so will my legs. The purchase of a Seals splash deck is in the future. The 2 molded cup holders are a nice addition, but due to the length of the cockpit it's a stretch to reach the holder up front. The open day well at the stern (with hatch on the 10xt) takes up most of the room behind the seat, precluding the storage of big items like camping gear.

In summary it is a great kayak. The cons are more annoyances than anything else. No regrets on the purchase. I've had a blast in my Vapor 10!

Suspenz: