Submitted: 09-15-2009 by amillionmi

I just purchased an Old Town Guide 147 and Its great. I am an avid canoeist and operated over 20 different model canoe's over the past 15 years, anywhere from nice sleek plastic canoe's to the old honkin giant bent to crap aluminum boats. I finally was able to save enough pennies and go buy my first canoe. My wife and I normally go canoeing on rivers and waterways, but this weekend we just wanted to test out our new vessel and took it to a lake at a local park. Whoever said it was tippy? This is a very stable canoe, I can see if you get it up on a log on the keel, you may find it more tippy than your typical flat bottom canoe. I thought for having it out in the middle of a windy lake, that it handled great and tracked very well. We can't wait to take it down the Pine River and really test her out. 10 out 10 for us.