Submitted: 09-08-2009 by JC

Where to begin? From the superb service to the truly amazing kayak ergometer, Grayson Bourne, owner and creator of the KayakPro Speedstroke Gym, has done everything right. Before ordering I had some questions so I emailed Gray and had my answer the same day (within a couple of hours!) I then decided to phone Gray with another question and, reaching him immediately, placed my order then and there! It is so rare these days to actually get a response in a timely fashion from many companies so to have such excellent pre-purchase service made buying the KayakPro an easy decision. Once I got the Speedstroke Gym, I had a couple of questions after it was assembled so I emailed Gray and had my answer in less than an hour! With this kind of service you can purchase in confidence knowing that you will receive whatever support you require no matter where you are located.

Now for the KayakPro Speedstroke Gym itself...WOW!
As an old flatwater kayak racer and now recreational kayaker in Nova Scotia, I was very impressed from the minute we opened the two boxes. My husband, a metallurgical engineer, was not only pleased with the quality of each of the components, but he was very impressed that instead of just giving you a bag of nuts and bolts, that each piece had the nuts and bolts in place so that all you had to do was take them out and attach the pieces and put them back. No mistake as to what goes where or trying to find a missing piece in a bag somewhere! Also, all the tools you need are included (except for a Philips head screwdriver needed to attach the ropes to the handle.) My husband had the Speedstroke together in less than two hours - I supervised and brought tea :)

Now for the best part...it truly is as close to getting on the water as you can get and there is no awkward feeling like being on an exercise machine. In fact, after only one day, my husband and I can already see that we are getting a better workout on the Speedstroke than in our recreational kayaks. Also, from my own perspective of one with a health challenge (MS), the Speedstroke will enable me to not only get a better workout, but will also allow me to easily workout on days that I might not be up to going out on the water and, better yet, it will enable me to workout all-year-round at my favorite sport versus having to find an alternative in the winter months.

We rate both Gray's service and the Speedstroke Gym as a 10++, I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you purchase one!
P.S. Make sure you assemble it where you want to use it as it is long!