Submitted: 08-26-2009 by robertoazucena

I purchased this boat about a year ago, unfortunately I was unable to use it until the last 2 weeks. When I purchased I noticed a sound inside of the molded shell but didn't think much about. I thought that it may be a piece of plastic left over from the manufacturing process. I took the boat out two weeks ago and in the maiden voyage one of the side handle came off. It seems that a nut that holds the handle-screw in place came off and was not noticed (or didn't care) by the person doing the quality assurance of the product.
I have no idea how the boat could be fixed, if it can be fixed at all. I have contacted the company and a place that fixes boats and I am still waiting for a response.

The boat handled well and was stable in the water, I am 5'11 and 260lbs and I felt quite comfortable in it. I had a soggy bottom but mainly because of my short paddles; I will be getting 240 cms paddles soon. Getting the boat on top of my SUV was no fun, it is a heavy boat.

I give it a low rating due to the manufacturing defect, unfortunately my warranty is gone and I have to fix it myself.