Submitted: 08-14-2009 by lbh31742
If you are new to kayaking this is a great boat to start with. I am new to the sport and plan to take a few lessons, but I just couldn't wait to try it out. So my boyfriend and I headed for the lake. For someone who has never paddled anything my Prodigy 12 was very easy to maneuver, tracked straight, and I found that with a slight lean could easily adjust course.

This boat is incredibly stable. I never felt like I was going to get dunked. I even took his 40lb shar pei and my 60lb shepard for a ride (separately). I figured we were all going for a swim, but had no problem staying balanced with their movements. The cockpit is very roomy. Easy in and out for me and the dogs. The foot pegs have an easy and wide range of adjustments. I'm a shorty at 5'0" and had no trouble getting comfortable. There's plenty of room for gear & a small cooler.

I could not be happier with the Prodigy 12 and I can't wait for a lifetime of paddling!

Watercraft Technologies, Inc.: