Submitted: 08-11-2009 by BrooksGayton

I LOVE THIS BOAT!!!!! I will be honest, it is the first canoe that I have ever owned, but not the first I have ever been in. I have canoed with my friends for several years now, but never owned my own boat. I bought this boat because of the comfortable seats and storage capacity for gear. I did find out that there wasn't as much storage space when compared to traditional canoes, but the comfort and stability with a load makes up for it. I did discover that the boat will tip constantly if both passengers are leaning back against the backrests and they are adjusted like a Lazy Boy Recliner. If some of these people who are talking about the boat flipping would just tighten up the straps and adjust them to where they were sitting upright, the boat would be perfectly stable. It is a canoe on the river, not a piece of furniture in the living room! Suck it up and enjoy the great outdoors, if you get wet...who cares. Put your gear in a dry bag and strap it to the boat.

As for the handling of the boat, if the person in the front will steer the boat in the right direction by paddling forwards on the opposite side of the direction you want to turn, followed by the person in the back using the paddle like a rudder to help the boat make the turn faster followed by the person in the back paddling on the opposite side to speed up, the handling is fantastic. I have gone on a trip, where the person in the front of the boat was trying to control the boat like they were the person in the back and the boat handled awfully! DO NOT USE THE PADDLE IN THE FRONT LIKE A RUDDER, THE BOAT ONLY STOPS!!! Good communication helps!!!

Overall, this is a great boat and I have enjoyed the 20+ trips I have made in the 5 weeks that I have owned the boat!