Submitted: 06-26-2009 by JRC

I have had my Squall for nine years and of the eight boats I've had it is the one I won't part with. I'm 5'11" and 165 pounds and the cockpit is a tight fit, but once I'm in the boat it does not feel too small.

For the width of the boat it has exceptional stability in big waves and is fast for a plastic boat. I use the boat in both lakes and rivers and I find the handling a bit sluggish at times on tight corners in a fast flowing river, but with practice it is easy to lean over for a quick turn. After nine years and about 300 day trips it is a bit scratched up on the bottom but otherwise good as new.

Only draw back is car-topping as it is a heavy boat for its size - once in the water I don't notice the weight at all. The boat definitely likes to point it's nose into the wind, but the rudder works very well and is easy to deploy and retract.

Overall I give the boat a 9 out of 10 - if it was a little lighter in weight it would be a 10.