Submitted: 06-25-2009 by georgiapaddler

The Vapor is my first boat. I have rented larger boats, mostly sit on tops. The Vapor with it's large opening offers almost as much suntanning as a sit on top, but a much dryer ride. Price for the Vapor is great; can't believe you get this much boat for so little money!

I am 6 foot, 200 lbs and the Vapor works great with me in it on tidal rivers, lakes, and light surf. At ten feet it feels like a sports car, quick, responsive, but very stable too. The shallow draft means I can paddle against the shore in just a few inches of water and the light weight means just a paddle stroke or two is all that is needed to start, stop or turn.

Twin cup holders are great as well as the bow and stern handles. Makes it real easy to toss into a 6 foot truck bed for hauling.

Footpegs are easily adjustable in or out of the boat. The bottom is round so there is some leaning if you take your feet off the pegs and just relax. It is a kayak, not an easy chair after all. Nothing major, the boat is stable but I would not try to stand up in it!

The seat back is adjustable while you paddle. The seat base is ok. If you use your legs and torso to paddle, the movement on the seat helps keep things comfortable for at least 3 hours (longest paddle to date). If you sit there and arm paddle, the seat base gets pretty hard after half hour or so. A foam pad might do wonders. I did add a small square pillow to the seat back. My PFD stops halfway down my back, leaving no lumbar support. The pillow fills in the space under the PFD to my backside making things right again. I like the seat back is fully adjustable while you paddle

All in all I am very happy with the Vapor. I think I have gotten a great boat for a great price and I have been out on the water way more than I thought I would be. It is so easy and fun to put the Vapor in the water! Try this boat, it is a great recreational kayak.