Submitted: 06-16-2009 by allsky7
I have owned my Remix XP 10 now for several months and paddled 6-8 times. I have held off on review because I wanted to get some paddle time in first. This boat is as advertised. For class II (occasional class III) with FW in between, this boat rocks. It is big enough to pack for overnight trips. I am 6' 225 and there is plenty of room to move around. It is very stable and forgiving. I rarely use the drop skeg because frankly, most of the time,you don't need it. I do find that when you are facing a headwind in FW, it does come in handy. I recently paddled the Jackson All Water and the Pyranha Fusion.(On FW) . Both seemed to paddle well but came up short in a few areas. When you factor all things (seat comfort, drop skeg, dry hatch, thigh hooks, etc) there is no contest. The Remix XP 10 reigns. IMO, the Fusion, while paddling well, is too small for the 200+ pound crowd. Especially, if Pyranha is going to come out with a 9' version like LL and Jackson. And especially if it is going to be used as an overnight boat. I plan to keep my Remix XP 10(aka Dagger Approach on steroids) around for quite some time.