Submitted: 05-04-2009 by DMC

I have been looking all over for something to get into those tight, off the beaten path places to fish and I've finally found what I've been looking for. I stumbled across this canoe at a local dealer, noticed how light it was and thought I better come here and check the reviews. After reading the reviews, I bought it.

I took it for a spin this afternoon. (in spite of the rain) It is all that everyone says it is. It's super light, tracks a lil crazy and is "spirited" in stability. I love it and I can't wait to fish it in dozens or places, take it camping, you get the idea. It's a breeze to load onto my 4dr jeep by myself, I walked it into the woods about a 12 minute trip, stopping in between to switch shoulders. (pool noodle or some kind of foam is very nice to have for this)

I think it would be nice to lower the seat at least 2 inches for slightly better stability, though it's not really necessary. The minimalist seat gets a lil hard on the rump after a couple hours so I may do some tweaking here. Above all I want to keep her as light as possible.

I can clearly see where a double bladed paddle would be handy for covering a lot of water but for now I am going to buy a nice wooden 54" paddle and enjoy it for what it is. I used a heavy aluminum one today in the same size.
For reference, I am 6' tall and weigh about 210 pounds.

Black Lagoon Products, LLC: