Submitted: 11-25-2008 by Tiiim

Personally I find my Tarpon 140 (w/rudder) to be a real tank. It's slow to start, slow in the water, slow to turn and I'm constantly sitting in about an inch of water (I weigh 250 lbs, so go figure). I also sit up so high I have to really reach to get my paddle blades in the water, and I end up feeling like I'm paddling a log through mud. Even when the water was calm and I was near shore it felt like a whale.

I also found that besides the bow hatch, the rest of the hatches were nearly useless. The little hatch in front of the seat isn't waterproof and will soak up any water that makes its way into the hull, and while the rear dry storage compartment is quite large, it has a tiny opening, making it next to worthless.

I'm a big guy so with the scupper plugs removed the boat quickly fills with about 2 inches of water that never fully drains out. With the plugs in place I get less water inside the cockpit, but it also has no place to go, and of course removing the plugs doesn't work. ;-/

Bottom line: I'll be selling this boat ASAP

Suspenz: