Submitted: 11-21-2008 by dk

I have had my Pack for 7 years and have taken over 100 trips. I'm love this canoe. A kayak paddle is my usual companion but I also use a bent shaft for short trips and a regular plastic paddle for white water. The hull is strong but if you hit a rock head on, it will crush the royalex. Both front and rear of my canoe have dents now but it's still working fine.

If you're single, this is your canoe. I take mine with friends who kayak all the time and I can keep up and still get a tan. I used to be a kayaker but the confinement wasn't for me. I've done lots of creeking with it. You only need about 4 inches of water. Kayaks are always getting stuck but I just "hop" off the rocks and keep on going.

On open water, it does great if you put some weight in the front. Of course the big plus is the low weight. I carry mine one handed and haul my gear with the other. No multiple trips to the truck.