Submitted: 09-24-2008 by GB

I just bought the Kay-Noe, which is actually the Old Town Discovery 119 per the owner's manual. I took it out yesterday for the first time and really enjoyed my time on the water. I bought a kayak paddle, 230cm, which worked pretty good but could use maybe a 240cm or 250cm. Kayak paddling seemed to be the way to go. I found the seat placement to be just about perfect and had no trouble. The boat tracks well too...I didn't have much wind yesterday but a few breezes with which the boat worked seemingly great! I spent about 3 hours on the water at which point the actual plastic seat seemed to get a bit uncomfortable, just needs a pad or a little modification. No worries. I leaned back most of the time and paddled away covering the extent of the reservoir I was exploring with ease. It could easily be used for fishing...I am bringing my tackle on the next trip. It is best launched like a kayak. Get in on a beach and shimmy yourself out into the water and enjoy!!! Sláinte!!

Talic: