Submitted: 09-22-2008 by Jay Anderson

I bought this kayak with the idea of lightweight and size in mind, due to the fact that I live in a tight space. I've taken this kayak out about ten times already and I really love it. I've brought it out in San Francisco Bay in pretty high wind and rough waters and the Mini X is very stable. I've had big yacht wakes come at me that give you that uncomfortable feeling in your stomach and I was amazed at how well this little kayak handled the waves.

As others have stated it's a bit cramped if you start throwing in rod holders and depth finders, which I've done. I bought it for its compact size and ease of use. It's a breeze. I throw it in the back of my 240 Volvo wagon and it fits perfectly in it, which is reason enough for it to be a good purchase. The tracking is not good, but not terrible. I got the rec-diving version and comes with a HUGE center dry hatch (1'x 1') right between your legs which is one of the best features second to its stability.

Each stroke you make makes the front end move, but that's a compromise you make with its length. It's not the fastest kayak, but have had hours of fun on this yak and its easy to haul around. I've had huge stripers jumping feet from the bow and has served its purpose. A fishing platform and troller. You won't be disappointed for something as little and easy to use as the MINI X! I bought mine for less then $500 brand new!