Submitted: 09-12-2008 by Ptlm21

I live on a rather shallow river with both slow moving & whitewater and have had an Adventure 16 for the past 3 years. Its been subjected to heavy use and been bounced off rocks and dragged through shallows countless times. The bottom looks like crap but this boat is extremely durable. It is also very comfortable. My wife prefers it to the other canoe, kayaks and jon boat we keep since we can travel further with less fatigue. The Adventure is a bit heavy (why it gets dragged as opposed to carried)but is a great boat for our use. We've had it in class III whitewater and the experience was somewhat "whiteknuckle." The boat is a hybrid of sorts with the best (and worse) of both a canoe and kayak. Its not real maneuverable or responsive in fast water nor is it extremely stable given its lack of agility. But it is tough! I see a lot of comments about stability in other posts. I've found the Adventure to be more tippy when loaded heavy at both ends. With my wife (110lbs) in the bow and me (200lbs) in the stern, its very stable but with me and my son (245lbs) aboard it gets kind of skittish. While it feels "tippy" it still seems to take a lot to roll it over. Having some weight amidships makes a big difference. Overall, this has been a fun, dependable and comfortable canoe that serves a lot of different purposes pretty well.