Submitted: 09-06-2008 by djb329

The hullavator is advertised to be a system that would allow anyone to load a kayak alone. I am too short to reach my roof rack. I am not strong enough to lift my 65lb boat over my head.

The load bars on the hullavator won't lock in the down position. I spent several hours after installing it thinking I was doing something wrong. I let go, it goes flying back up. I can in no way get it to lock. So, I need someone to hold the rack while I remove my kayak. Seems dangerous, and I can't use it by myself.

I called the outfitter and the manufacturer. They had no suggestions. For a piece of gear costing over 400.00 you think this company could provide a product that works.

There are serious design flaws in the hullavator. As everyone else has stated, the locking mechanism needs a lot of work.