Submitted: 08-25-2008 by sternman
I've owned the Tracer about two months now and so far I'm very pleased with both it's overall performance and construction. I picked this boat up for about $250 below MSRP and believe it's an excellent choice for those of us do not have a composite budget.

My only complaints are that the seat tends to shift side to side when edging but I will try and stabilize that soon with some foam wedged on each side. I also found that the Tracer tends to weather cock and spin out when I stop paddling. It has been mentioned by others that a little skeg helps to correct this and it's true. I also must mention that even with the skeg down the Tracer still responds very well and turns on a dime.

This is a lively boat which makes it fun to paddle and I think that's a good thing. The initial stability is a bit touchy but I can't complain since I'm just getting out of a transitional boat and need more time to adjust. My Wife, who is very petite, found it much more stable that I. For the price of a roto mold the Tracer is not only beautiful but performs more like a high end composite. I would prefer a little better tracking but otherwise, I really enjoy this boat and didn't have to go broke getting it.