Submitted: 08-15-2008 by Roger

I am a 62 year old man and I weigh 262 pounds. I have fished all my life and have considerable canoe experience. My wife and I had a Guide model (Old Town) and she opted to get a solo kayak to facilitate her outdoor photography.

I was initially drawn to the Pack model canoe because of its light weight (like most other people) but have since then been very impressed by other traits as well. It fishes very well, and although I didn't purchase the Angler Model, I did send for the Angler Model seat, available from Old Town. This seat lowers my considerable weight approximately five inches and for those who understand canoeing, that is a significant stabilizing impact. The canoe is much more stable and seems to track better as well.

I still use a single bladed wooden paddle because I like the romance of keeping things as simple and in character with canoeing as possible. I like this canoe a lot. I recommend it to most people.

Suspenz: