Submitted: 07-22-2008 by JDH

I purchased this canoe and picked it up on a Friday on my way to Algonquin. After just a day and a half in the water I noticed that the bottom of the canoe was bowing up between the fourth, fifth and six ribs in excess of an inch. I returned with the boat on the way home and expressed my concerns. I was told that I should expect that and that I had unrealistic expectations for the materials. The manager didn't even bother to put it in the water and see what I was talking about. He continued to belittle me and my fiancée and tell us that we should have bought a more expensive canoe. On the plus side he did refund my money. I doubt that we’ll ever buy or recommend a Langford canoe again. The customer service was dreadful... We would have accepted a replacement or even an upgrade but neither option was presented. The manager chose to be belligerent and arrogant telling us that we would never find a canoe anywhere that wouldn’t do that…