Submitted: 07-02-2008 by charlesh.1972

I'm new to the kayak fishing world and have been shopping around for a good, inexpensive fishing rig. Took out some demos and things like that.
I just happened to run across the Castaway at the local Academy Sporting Goods. I spoke with a customer that was getting some replacement gear for his yaks, he said he has been kayaking for years and confirmed what I have been reading on here. He said for the money, you can't go wrong, so I left, went home, did a little more research, and finally said what the hell, went back, bought the yak and hit the river. I love it!!!

I'm 170#'s and 5'11". I was very stable, got a little wet from getting in, and after talking to some experienced folks, will be getting a different type of oar than the factory one to cut down on the knuckle busting and drippage. Other than that I love this thing and can't wait to get off work to get back in the water!!