Submitted: 06-30-2008 by B. Chambers

I grew up around Grumman canoes used for duck hunting in northern Michigan, at our fly-in shack in Canada, and camping/fishing trips at small inland lakes. Iíve even used one to sight-see along the Lake Superior shoreline on a calm day. Iíve got a 17' that I regularly use a 4 horse Evenrude on. I also have a Browning labeled Aerocraft. While it is a fine canoe, it is not up to jobs the Grumman does with no problem - in particular handing chop and strong cross winds.

I have overloaded the Grumman shamefully on duck hunts and dragged it into spots not fit for man or beast. A nice coat of Dead Grass Green, a layer of khaki duct tape along the gunwales to prevent gun scratches is all Iíve done to mine. I cannot say enough positive about Grumman canoes and the abuse they can take. A true American made gem.