Submitted: 06-04-2008 by Keith

I bought this canoe last year at Sam's and gotta say, it was money well spent. Hard to find any reasonably priced canoe's in good shape anywhere. I looked everywhere and found this one late in the year and on sale, so I got a pretty good deal.

There's a bunch of lakes around here that are state maintained and motors are not allowed. We live in Alaska and need a pretty durable canoe, this has held up pretty good. I would like to strengthen up the bottom of it somehow to keep the scratches to a minimum. Not sure how I would do that, maybe some fiberglass resin would help.

Overall I give it a 8, like the last review said, it is kind of tipsey, and doesn't scream in the water but it is a canoe. My kids would give it a ten though. We fished our favorite hole the day before I bought the canoe and barely caught 2 trout. Took the canoe out the next day, filled a stringer and was throwing some back. They love it.